The remit of the
Commission for Economic Policy covers the following fields:
- Competition and State Aid Policy
- Economic and Monetary Policy
- Economic Governance and European Semester
- Industrial Policy and Industry 4.0
- Internal Market and Digital Single Market
- International Trade and Tariffs (including WTO issues)
- Local/Regional Finance and Investment
- Public Investment
- Public Procurement
- Public Services
- SME Policy and entrepreneurship
- Sustainable Development Goals (SDG) Governance
- Taxation Policy
The ECON Secretariat is also responsible for the
European Entrepreneurial Regions (EER) award scheme, which rewards EU regions with the most credible, forward-thinking and promising vision and innovative entrepreneurial policy strategy.
ECON is in charge of the
Network of Regional Hubs for EU policy Implementation Review (RegHub). RegHub is a platform, which involves local and regional actors through consultations to collect their experiences on EU policy implementation.
ECON manages the
Broadband Platform, which is a joint initiative between the European Committee of the Regions (CoR) and the European Commission to help high-speed broadband reach all European regions.
The ECON Commission also plays a lead and coordination role in relations between the CoR and the
European Investment Bank (EIB) Group, which span a broad range of actions and policy fields.
surveys, studies and analyses the ECON secretariat helps its members to monitor current trends in European cities and regions, and to identify good policy practices.