Cohesion, our fundamental value
is one of three major initiatives of the European Committee of the Regions
(CoR), along with the campaigns on the
Future of Europe
The #CohesionAlliance, launched in 2017 by the CoR and the main European
territorial associations (AER, AEBR, CALRE, CEMR, CPMR, and EUROCITIES), is
the main and most powerful channel through which the Committee wants to:
- Demonstrate that cohesion is not (just) money but a fundamental value of
the European Union.
- Promote the view that economic, social and territorial cohesion is
fostered and respected in all EU policies.
- Promote the involvement of regions and cities in the shaping and delivery
of national recovery plans.
- Promote the integration on the ground of cohesion policy funds and all
other EU recovery and funding instruments.
- Foster rural areas' recovery and urban-rural cooperation.