The European Committee of the Regions (CoR) is drafting an opinion on "Investing in Europe's Youth and the European Solidarity Corps
" COM(2016) 940 final; COM(2016) 942 final.
The rapporteur of the opinion, Pawel Grzybowski (PL/ECR),
Mayor of Rypin, together with his expert, would be delighted to meet representatives of local and regional associations and other stakeholders for a consultation and an exchange of views on the relevant topics of this opinion.
The rapporteur would be very keen to hear your views during the meeting. After a short introduction by the rapporteur, stakeholders will be invited to share their experience and exchange views with the rapporteur.
It is important to highlight the strong local relevance of the above mentioned COM Communications; as local and regional authorities play an important role in the implementation of youth policies and are competent in several topics related to young people (education, employment, social inclusion, volunteering etc).
To shape the debate, we would suggest the following questions:
- Do you think the setting of Communications confers a major (or minor) role to the local authorities? Does it identify (or not) new tasks and responsibilities for the local institutions?
- What would be the most important roles of local and regional institutions to help the smoothest possible implementation of the European Solidarity Corps?
- Is the territorial approach represented enough in the Communications?
- How can local and regional institutions best support and represent young people
- Finally, is the decentralized approach sufficiently supported by the Communication and, moreover, is the particular know-how of the local authorities fairly valued?
If you have any position papers relevant to the subject, you are welcome to send them to us by e-mail using the addresses below.
The meeting will be held in Polish and English with simultaneous interpretation, allowing you to speak in both languages. Please note that the Rapporteur's language is Polish.