A new call for interest has been launched to invite young elected politicians in the initiative
"Young Elected Politicians United 4 Climate"
that will take place during the
CoR Plenary Session in Brussels on 3-5 December 2019.
Have a look at the Programme
to have more information about the different sessions and the strucutre of the event!
To be eligible, the young elected politicians must:
- Hold a democratic mandate as an elected politician at regional or local level in a Member State of the European Union;
- Not be older than 40 years on the first day of the event (3 December 2019).
- Not hold a mandate as CoR Member or Alternate.
- Have a good level of English (as for organisational purposes the event will take place in English only).
- Fully complete this application form and submit it by no later than 4 November noon, 2019.
- Demonstrate knowledge and direct involvement in the development and/or
implementation of 1/ Deployment of renewable energies at the local level and citizen's empowerment as prosumers
(energy producers/consumers); 2/Energy efficiency measures; 3/Low-carbon modes of transport.
The selection is based on ensuring the best possible balance of nationality, regional and local representation, political affiliation, and on gender, for which the CoR is strongly committed to reach a balance.