Detail of the vacancy notice
Directorate C, Legislative Work 2
Administrator in the Directorate for Legislative Work 2
Coordination, Planning and Impact - Cross-border cooperation and Territorial partnerships
Your job and responsibilities
Do you have a good understanding of the functioning of the European institutions, and of the European Committee of the Regions (CoR) in particular? Do you possess a solid understanding of the interaction between administrative services and the political dimension of the CoR?
Are you interested in being part of a dynamic team, holding a varied set of responsibilities, and having broad contacts with many CoR services?
As an Administrator in the Unit for Coordination, Planning and Impact - Cross-border cooperation and Territorial partnerships in the Directorate for Legislative Work 2, you are responsible for:
- Horizontal coordination of the strategic thematic planning of the ECON, SEDEC and COTER commissions, in close cooperation with the coordination services of the other relevant Directorates in the CoR, notably the Directorate for Legislative Work 1, the Directorate for Members, Plenaries and Strategy, and the Directorate for Communication;
- Coordinating the preparation and delivery of documents requested by the Cabinet of the President, the Secretary-General or other statutory bodies (briefings, speeches, letters etc.);
- Representing the Directorate in different working groups and Task Forces involving other Directorates and services, or with other institutions;
- Ensuring the commissions are implementing efficient and effective procedures;
- Coordinating the monitoring and reporting on the impact and the follow up of opinions, and the preparation of other reporting requirements of the Directorate;
- Coordinating specific projects as required, including on cross-border cooperation and territorial partnerships;
- Liaising with other services and with the Cabinets of the President and the Secretary-General (as the Directorate's main horizontal contact point);
- Overall quality control of the output delivered by the Directorate (documents, briefings, letters, speeches, etc.), in line with the service instructions of the Secretary-General.
When needed, you will act as backup to the other administrators in the coordination team and carry out tasks as assigned by the Deputy Director.
Are you the talent we are looking for?
- You have an excellent capacity for coordination and analysis with a high degree of accuracy and reliability.
- You have a proven capacity to manage projects and implement them individually and collectively, in coordination with internal and external partners.
- You have excellent written and oral communication skills in order to communicate efficiently and fluently with internal and external stakeholders.
- You have some experience or knowledge related to the nature of the duties to be performed, and an otherwise strong interest and motivation to learn.
- You have a confirmed capacity to work on different issues simultaneously, to deal with high workload, to prioritise and to deliver quality work under often tight deadlines.
- You are comfortable working in a team whilst being capable of working autonomously.
- You have a thorough knowledge of one of the official languages of the EU and a satisfactory knowledge of another of the EU official languages. For functional reasons, a very good command of English is required. A good level of French and/or other EU languages is desirable.
- You have a good command of IT applications and tools (Outlook, Excel, Word, SharePoint, etc.).