Multi-Level Dialogue on Just Transition
European Committee of the Regions
JDE 70 and online
The Multilevel Dialogue on Just Transition is being hosted by the European Committee of the Regions and organised in cooperation with the European Commission. The aim of the Dialogue is to promote exchange between the different levels of governance in the process of just transition throughout Europe. The European Union has to make the most out of the Just Transition Fund, and the participation of cities and regions is of key importance to its success.
The plans of the European Union are to cut greenhouse gas emissions by 55% by 2030 and achieve climate neutrality by 2050. This undertaking requires a socio-economic transformation, especially in regions relying heavily on fossil fuels and carbon-intensive industries. In this context, the regional representatives and guests from all parts of Europe will share their experiences and recommendations, helping to define the future shape of the policy.
To participate, please register under the following link, by indicating your choices and proposing questions to the panellists:
Interactive participation during the event is expected and encouraged!
Emil BOC – CoR COTER Commission Chair
10:15 Roundtable discussion Just Transition: state of play and outlook
- Representative of the European Commission
- Radim SRŠEŇ – Deputy Minister of regional development, Czech Republic, for the CZ Presidency of the Council of the EU
- Martina MICHELS, Member of the European Parliament (DE-THE LEFT)
- Sari RAUTIO, (FI/EPP) CoR Rapporteur on Just Transition, Finland
- Jakub CHELSTOWSKI (PL/ECR), Governor of Silesian Region, Poland
- Anne RUDISUHLI (FR/RenewE), Departmental Council Bouches-du-Rhône, France
- Florin-Tiberiu IACOB-RIDZI (RO/EPP) Mayor of Petrosani, Romania