The members of the European Commitee of the Regions met in the 124th plenary session.
Fifteen opinions were on the agenda of this plenary session.
Mr Karl-Heinz Lambertz (BE/PES) was elected President of the CoR, and Mr Markku Markkula (FI/EPP) was elected First Vice-President.
On the first day, Mr Carlos Moedas, Commissioner for Research, Science and Innovation, exchanged views with CoR members.
On the second day, Mr Matti Maasikas, Estonian Deputy Minister of European Affairs, explained the priorities of the Estonian Presidency. Ms Violeta Bulc, Commissioner for Transport, debated with members.
The list of opinions which were adopted during the July plenary session:
- Local and Regional Dimension of Horizon 2020 and the New Framework Programme for Research and Innovation, rapporteur Mr Christophe Clergeau (FR/PES)
- CAP post 2020, rapporteur Mr Guillaume Cros (FR/PES)
- Next steps for a sustainable European future - European action for sustainability, rapporteur Mr Franco Iacop (IT/PES)
- Migration on the Central Mediterranean route - Managing flows, saving lives, rapporteur Mr Hans Janssen (NL/EPP)
- Energy Union and clean energy, rapporteur Mr Bruno Hranić (HR/EPP)
- Directive 2012/27/EU on energy efficiency, rapporteur Mr Michiel Rijsberman (NL/ALDE)
- The promotion of the use of energy from renewable sources, rapporteur Ms Daiva Matonienė (LT/ECR)
- International ocean governance: an agenda for the future of our oceans, rapporteur Ms Anthony Gerard Buchanan (UK/EA)
- People-to-people and small scale projects in cross-border cooperation programmes, rapporteur Mr Pavel Branda (CZ/ECR)
- A European strategy for low-emission mobility, rapporteur Mr József Ribányi (HU/EPP)
- Coordination of social security systems, rapporteur Ms Ulrike Hiller (DE/PES)
- Europe's next leaders: the start-up and scale-up initiative, rapporteur Mr Tadeusz Truskolaski (PL/EA)
- Smart Regulation for SMEs, rapporteur Mr Christian Buchmann (AT/EPP)
- Territorial classification and typologies, rapporteurs Mr Mieczysław Struk (PL/EPP)