Your job and responsibilities
Do you enjoy working in teams, having a large variety of tasks, and are you interested in contributing to the legislative activities of the European Committee of the Regions (CoR) while supporting the Unit's Deputy Director and the administrators in their administrative and coordination tasks?
As a secretary/clerk in the Coordination, planning, impact – Cross-border cooperation, territorial partnerships Unit of the Directorate for Legislative work 2 (Directorate C), under the guidance of the Deputy Director and the relevant administrators, you will provide administrative support in coordinating the legislative planning and reporting process relating to the opinions of the COTER, ECON and SEDEC commissions, and in monitoring the workflow and ensuring the appropriate output and feedback to the other EU institutions, notably the European Commission, the Council and the European Parliament.
In this respect, you will provide administrative support in coordinating the planning of meeting calendars as well as the preparation process for the CoR plenary sessions, the Bureau and the Commission for Financial and Administrative Affairs, ensuring relevant information is shared effectively between our Directorate and other CoR services, and preparing and sending documents (meeting calendars, list of opinions for adoption, list of amendments, list of experts, synoptic tables, etc.). You will work in close cooperation with the coordination team of the Directorate for Legislative work 1, notably in managing referrals from the European Commission, the Council and the European Parliament.
You will assist the administrators in coordinating and monitoring the preparation and delivery of horizontal output from the Directorate, the preparation of the Directorate's ongoing and annual work programme, and in meeting the Directorate's planning and reporting obligations, including the Annual Activity Report, the management plan and risk analysis, the rolling action plan and the ex-post verification exercise. You will provide administrative support in implementing the Directorate's communication strategy in cooperation with the Directorate for Communication, prepare the draft minutes of relevant meetings, descriptions of procedures and discussion points in areas of expertise, and support the Directorate's work through external studies and expertise in conjunction with the administrators in charge.
When needed, you will act as a backup to the other assistants of the Unit and carry out other tasks as assigned by the Deputy Director.
Are you the talent we're looking for?
- You possess previous experience in administrative support, you organise your work efficiently, you can prioritise when working under pressure, and you enjoy being part of a team.
- You have very good verbal and written communication skills, including excellent organisational skills and political awareness, you respect deadlines and are able to set priorities and you have an eye for detail.
- You have the ability to think critically and take initiative, you have a sense of responsibility and you work well under time pressure.
- You have a customer-oriented mindset, including availability and flexibility.
- You have good knowledge of the functioning of the EU institutions (knowledge of the political structure and organisation of the CoR would be an asset).
- You have a strong command of IT applications and tools (Outlook, Excel, Word, SharePoint, Teams, etc.), and you have experience in managing teamsites in SharePoint, or the ability to quickly acquire this knowledge.
- Previous experience with Adonis, Agora, Dynamics, EU Survey and the ABAC financial management system would be an asset.
- You have a thorough knowledge of one official EU language, and at least satisfactory knowledge of another official EU language: for functional reasons, a very good command of written and spoken English is required, and a good knowledge of French would be an advantage. Knowledge of any other EU languages would be an asset.