As an administrator in the Sector "Flagship projects" in the Events and local dialogues Unit you will be responsible for the organisation of European Committee of the Regions (CoR) key events such as the European Week of Regions and Cities, the European Conference on Public Communication (EuroPCom) and others. You will be supporting other activities of the Sector, such as hosted events (conferences, seminars) and exhibitions organised by a variety of bodies, such as regional representations, EU institutions, regional associations, foundations etc.
You will ensure the link of CoR events with political priorities, contribute to the development and implementation of the CoR's communication strategy and campaigns, as well as their monitoring and evaluation process. You will contribute to accompanying media and social media outreach and to the development of new online tools and channels in order to increase interactivity with online audiences across Europe, during and after events. You will also manage related budgetary and contractual aspects.
In all these tasks and processes, you will interact closely with a wide range of internal and external stakeholders at political and administrative levels, with institutional partners, experts, speakers, suppliers and communication partners, as well as with other CoR services such as the Cabinets of the President and the Secretary-General, the registry, the CoR Commissions, etc. You will closely liaise with the other teams in the Unit, as well as across the Directorate.
· You have thorough knowledge of an official language of the European Union and a satisfactory knowledge of another of the EU official languages. For functional reasons, a thorough level of English is required and a good knowledge of French is desirable; knowledge of other languages would be considered as an asset.
· You have good knowledge of the EU institutions, their policies and communication strategies, and are aware of the CoR's political priorities and activities, to detect possible connections and opportunities for CoR communication activities.
· You have a very good knowledge in the field of communication and experience in the organisation of large-scale events and multi-stakeholder political events, development and implementation of concepts and programmes.
· You develop and implement indicators for measuring the impact and for evaluating the projects.
· You have the capacity to stay at the forefront of new trends in the area of communication; experience in writing for the web and social media is an asset; motivation to learn to use other specific IT applications and online tools, in particular those facilitating online participation.
· You possess excellent organisation skills.
· You are a very good team player, resilient, communicative and client-oriented person.