Question by Rapporteur Ulrika Landergren to Commissioner Corina Cretu
Question by Rapporteur Ulrika Landergren to Commissioner Corina Cretu at the CoR February 2016 Plenary Session on importance of air traffic for regional development and on potential of drones for economic development, in particular in remote regions.
Answer by Commissioner Cretu:
• Sustainable transport is a priority in Regional Policy
• Some regional airports were not sustainable. EU Court of Auditors has criticised this in previous programming period.
• ESIF funds are also being used for airports, e.g. the airport in Dubrovnik
• Connectivity is very important, especially connectivity between regions in Eastern Europe
• Without connectivity, there can be no economic development
• Commissioners Cretu and Bulc work a lot together on this, Cretu offers that they come together to present what they are doing together in the field of (air) transport and regional policy.