Your job and responsibilities
Do you consider technical obstacles and limits as challenges to be overcome? Do you possess a strong solution-oriented mind-set? Do you see one step ahead when it comes to technologies and their developments? Are you able to anticipate changes, to question and to improve the existing procedures by translating them into operational objectives and tangible results?
The European Committee of the Regions (CoR) is looking for a new head of Unit in charge of the Digital solutions Unit, which will be part of the new Directorate for Innovation and Information Technology (IIT). The main mission of this Unit will be to develop and maintain digital solutions while providing assistance to members and staff in all operational domains (political work, human resources, finance, document management, translation and communication). It will also ensure, in complement to the helpdesk operating under Unit IIT.1, that all systems and applications, content and production management processes are working correctly.
As member of the management team of the Directorate and expert in IT solutions, you will contribute to the long-term IT strategy of both committees (CoR and European Economic Social Committee (EESC)) and implement all projects aiming to modernise and upgrade the existing digital solutions in all business areas, prioritizing the development of common solutions for both Committees.
The COVID-19 experience has obliged all institutions to review their functioning and the services to offer. As a creative manager with an in-depth knowledge of the functioning of the European institutions, their IT solutions and resources available, you will shape the Committees' objectives in digital solutions strategy.
Are you the talent we are looking for?
- You have at least 10 years of professional experience in IT development, strategy and client support; you possess a clear vision of the ongoing and future digital transformations likely to directly impact and improve the services provided to members and staff of the two Committees;
- You have acquired a relevant working experience of at least 3 years in managing teams; you can motivate, develop and successfully lead multicultural teams and maintain constructive relations with all client services and stakeholders;
- You have a level of higher education corresponding to a complete cycle of university studies ending in a degree where the normal duration of these studies is four years or more, or a level of education corresponding to a complete cycle of university studies ending in a degree followed by relevant professional experience of at least one year where the normal duration of these studies is at least three years; a university diploma in IT related fields would be considered as an asset;
- You have excellent analytical and synthesis skills, organisation skills as well as critical sense;
- You are a good networker capable of establishing trustful relationships with internal and external stakeholders;
- You are able to quickly assimilate internal decisions and regulations and check their correct application, to work under pressure and to meet deadlines;
- You are a rigorous person, with a strong sense of responsibility who knows how to work independently but with team spirit, endowed with a sense of interpersonal relationships and diplomacy as well as with integrity and strict professional deontology;
- You have a good understanding of the political environment of the CoR, the EESC and of the European institutions;
- You have a thorough knowledge of one of the official languages of the European Union (EU) and a satisfactory knowledge of another of these languages. For functional reasons, a thorough knowledge of English and French is required;
- You have an excellent command of necessary IT applications and tools and a strong interest in IT modernisation;
- Relevant professional experience as authorising officer by subdelegation would be an asset;
- Knowledge of the Staff Regulations, the Conditions of employment of other servants of the European Union, the Financial regulation and its implementing provisions would also be an asset;
- Previous experience with the ABAC financial management system would also be an asset;
- Experience in working with multiple stakeholders in shared services would also be an asset.