SEDEC commission has a very wide remit, covering a multitude of policy areas, including:
- Employment policy, social policy and social protection
- Mobility, equal opportunities
- Education and training
- The digital agenda, EU information society
- Trans-European ICT Networks
- the audio-visual industry and media technologies
- Youth and sport
- Multilingualism, the promotion of minority languages, culture and cultural diversity
In addition, SEDEC manages the
Knowledge Exchange Platform (KEP), which is a form of cooperation between the European Committee of the Regions (CoR) and the
European Commission's Directorate-General for Research and Innovation (DG RTD). The platform seeks to present new R&I solutions, innovative products and best practice, by organising seminars in Brussels and peer-to-peer events in regions, or hosting showcasing events contributing to the KEP annual Action Plan.
What's more, throughout this year, SEDEC will seize the
European Year of Cultural Heritage (EYCH 2018) to stress the fundamental role of local and regional authorities in the management, promotion, protection and safeguarding of the European cultural heritage.
The EYCH is a unique opportunity to involve citizens, in particular children and young people, in events and projects emphasising Europe's cultural heritage and values.