The European Investment Bank and the European Commission (DG REGIO) jointly set up in November 2017 "URBIS", a new dedicated urban investment advisory initiative under the umbrella of the European Investment Advisory Hub (EIAH). The mission of this new tool is to provide advisory support to urban authorities to facilitate, accelerate and unlock urban investment projects, programmes and platforms.
URBIS has been developed in partnership by the European Commission and the European Investment Bank (EIB) in the context of the EU One Stop Shop for Cities and in support of the ambitions defined in the Urban Agenda for the EU .
URBIS consistS of the following three modules, implemented in parallel:
- Increased awareness raising of existing instruments, programmes, services;
- Tailor-made technical and financial advice to cities, and
- Exploring innovative financing approaches for city investments
URBIS simplifies access to existing advisory programmes and services and it also addresses some of the current gaps in the provision of advisory support. URBIS builds upon existing EIB advisory support packages including the local presence of EIB in Member States and technical assistance programmes focused on municipalities like ELENA.
The aim of this lunchtime briefing is to look into the overall opportunities that URBIS can offer to local authorities and to learn more from the experience of a beneficiary city. The event will be also explaining the role played by the EIB in the Urban Agenda partnerships.
Language regime: English
12:30-13:00: Registration and welcome
13:00-14:00: Presentation of URBIS: A new EU Investment Support for Cities
Moderator: Kieran McCarthy, member of the Committee of the Regions, rapporteur on the Opinion on the "Implementation Assessment of the Urban Agenda for the EU"
- Emily Smith, Presentation of URBIS
- Zusana Nehajova (Ernst & Young), Presentation of a case study in Slovakia: 'Developing a smart cities investment platform'
- Torsten Brand, Presentation of how the EIB is cooperating with different partnerships of the Urban Agenda for the EU.
Discussion with the audience
14:00: End of the briefing
Link to webstreaming: https://livestream.com/corlive1/events/8161863
by 25 April 2018