24 June 2019 from 14.30 to 18.00
(Registration will start at 14.00 a.m.)
in the Committee of the Regions building
(Rue Belliard 101, B-1040 Brussels)
Room JDE 70
The meeting will be held in Italian and English (active interpretation available in IT and EN)
The European Committee of the Regions (CoR) is drafting an Opinion on "Covenant of Mayors post 2020".
To discuss the topic of the opinion, the Rapporteur Ms Benedetta BRIGHENTI (IT/PES) and her expert would be happy to meet with you.
Mrs BRIGHENTI has prepared a Working Document which can be found at this link in Italian and English. The rapporteur strives for the highest possible quality input and widest range of different views for his opinion and we believe your expertise will greatly contribute to achieving this objective. In case you want to share written input related to the topic, you are invited to send it to email@example.com.
Key questions to be addressed during the meeting are:
- How can we fine-tune the Covenant of Mayors framework to ensure its scope to be comprehensive, but still feasible for cities and regions?
- How can we further enhance multilevel governance mechanisms into the Covenant of Mayors community?
- How can we support the medium-long term engagement of cities and regions in the Covenant of Mayors initiative and support them in the transition to 2030 commitments?
- Which are the main improvements we would like to have in the Covenant initiative from a technical and financial point of view?
The adoption calendar of the opinion is as follows:
- 19 September 2019, CoR ENVE Commission: adoption of the CoR draft opinion;
- 4-5 December 2019, CoR Plenary Session: adoption of the final CoR opinion.
Please register by Thursday, 20 June 2019 via the registration form.