The 8th CIVEX commission meeting will take place on
Tuesday 11 May 2021 from 11:00 to 17:30.
In light of the current COVID-19 situation, the meeting will be held by videoconference.
The meeting agenda includes:
Discussion and adoption of opinions:
- European Democracy Action Plan, rapporteur Aleksandra Dulkiewicz (PL/EPP) - statement by MEP Sandra Kalniete (LP/EPP)
- A Renewed Partnership with the Southern Neighbourhood, rapporteur Vincenzo Bianco (IT/PES) - statement by: María Helena de Felipe Lehtonen (ES/ GR I, employers), EESC
- A Counter-Terrorism Agenda for the EU: Anticipate, Prevent, Protect, Respond, rapporteur Karl Vanlouwe (BE/EA) - statement by: Olivier Onidi, Deputy Director-General, DG HOME, European Commission, and Willy Demeyer, Mayor of Liège.
Other items on the agenda include:
- Thematic debate on the Conference on the Future of Europe and the role of regional parliaments in EU decision making and implementation, with the participation of Prof. Dr. Gabriele Abels, University of Tübingen, and the Presidency of the Conference of European Regional Legislative Assemblies (CALRE)
- Presentation of the Integrity Cities project of the EU Anti-Corruption Initiative in Ukraine: possibilities to launch peer-to-peer exchanges, by Allan Pagh Kristensen, Head of EU Anti-Corruption Initiative in Ukraine.
This meeting being public, participants interested in following the debates
can connect by using the viewers' link.
Members of the CIVEX Commission and speakers will receive from the
Secretariat a specific link to access the meeting.