The 14th ENVE Commission meeting will take place fully in person on Thursday, 6 October 2022 from 11:30 to 17.30 at Palazzo Reale, Piazza Duomo 12, 20122 Milan, room "Conference Hall".
The agenda foresees the adoption of the following opinion:
- EU Strategy for Sustainable and Circular Textiles, by Rapporteur Luca Menesini (IT/PES)
The agenda also foresees an exploratory debate and an exchange of views, respectively, on the following opinions:
Moreover, the ENVE commission will hold:
- A presentation of the CoR opinion on Delivering on the Sustainable Development Goals by 2030, by Rapporteur Ricardo Rio (PT/EPP)
- A debate on opportunities for cities and regions to step up environmental action and address biodiversity loss
The following day, Friday, 7 October 2022 from 9:30 to 12:30, ENVE Commission will hold a conference on "Local Green Deal: a blueprint for a future-proof recovery" at Palazzo Reale, Piazza Duomo 12, 20122 Milan, room "Conference Hall".
- Panel 1 – Implementing the Green Deal at local and regional level
Keynote speech: Nicola Pochettino, Director for Environment and Natural Resources Projects Directorate, EIB
- Panel 2 – The benefits of climate and environmental action
Keynote speech: Nadia Pellefigue, Vice-President of the Occitania region
- Roundtable – Implementing the Green Deal in times of crisis
Keynote speech: Clara De La Torre, Deputy Director General, DG CLIMA