The session included debates on:
- Testimonials from Ukraine: Vitali Klitschko, Mayor of Kyiv and Chairman of the Association of Ukrainian Cities, Vadym Boychenko, Mayor of Mariupol, Andriy Sadovyi, Mayor of Lviv, Ivan Fedorov, Mayor of Melitopol, Tetiana Yehorova-Lutsenko, Chairwoman of the Kharkiv Regional Council
- Statements by: Elisa Ferreira, Commissioner for Cohesion and Reforms, European Commission, Wojciech Bakun, President of the City of Przemyśl, Roberto Gualtieri, Mayor of Rome, Janez Lenarčič, Commissioner for Crisis Management, European Commission, Arnaud Ngatcha, Deputy Mayor of Paris.
- the EU-UK partnership with Maroš Šefčovič, Vice-President of the European Commission
- the European democratic values through education to foster EU citizenship with Dubravka Šuica, Vice-President of European Commission for Democracy and Demography, Inge Sieben, Associate Professor, Tilburg University, Domènec Ruiz Devesa, Member of the European Parliament and Representative of the French presidency of the Council of the European Union (tbc)
Following the debate on Ukraine, a press conference took place Wednesday from 16:30 in the European Committee of the Regions (rue Belliard 99-101, room JDE53) and online
on this page.
The press conference was an opportunity to hear the first hand current state of play of the war in Ukraine and understand the demands of local and regional authorities to the EU in protecting people fleeing war.
- Apostolos Tzitzikostas, President of the European Committee of the Regions
- Vitali Klitschko, Mayor of Kyiv (intervening remotely)
- Tetiana Yehorova-Lutsenko, Chair of the Kharkiv Regional Council
To find out more about what the European Committee of the Regions is doing for Ukraine, check our Info-Support Hub