The Members of the European Committee of the Regions will meet remotely for the 141st plenary session on 8, 9 and 10 December 2020.
Several debates and political discussions will take place, including the:
- EU-UK Agreement and territorial consequences of Brexit, with the participation of Sadiq Khan, Mayor of London
- European Commission Work Programme 2021, with the participation of Maroš Šefčovič, Vice-president of the European Commission for Interinstitutional Relations and Foresight.
Furthermore, there will be debates on:
- the Enlargement Package and European Neighbourhood Policy with the Commissioner for Neighbourhood and Enlargement Olivér Várhelyi
- the New Pact on Migration and Asylum with the Commissioner for Home Affairs Ylva Johansson
- the recovery and resilience in rural areas with the Commissioner for Agriculture Janusz Wojciechowski
- stepping up climate ambition during the COVID-19 pandemic with the German Federal Minister for the Environment, Nature Conservation and Nuclear Safety Svenja Schulze.
The plenary assembly will also discuss and vote on the opinions listed
below on this page.
There will also be a vote on the following resolution:
- Resolution on "The European Commission Work Programme 2021"