CoR and the European Commission (EC), under the Joint Technical Platform for Cooperation on the Environment, host the 15th meeting of the Technical Platform.
The Technical Platform is a forum set up by the Commission for Environment, Climate Change and Energy at the European Committee of the Regions (CoR) and DG ENV aimed at fostering dialogue on local and regional problems and solutions in the application of EU environment law. It was launched in 2012 with the following objectives:
- to allow dialogue on implementation issues of mutual interest and exchange of best practices at a technical level;
- to facilitate a cooperation between local and regional environmental administrations and DG ENV and the CoR's ENVE Commission;
- to overall contribute to improvements in environmental outcomes;
- to strengthen the cooperation between the CoR's ENVE commission and DG ENV;
- to provide technical input to the work of the CoR's ENVE commission, thereby reinforcing an evidence-based approach in its ongoing work in this field.
The agenda and more information on the event will be available shortly.
Meanwhile, summary of previous conferences and events are available at http://ec.europa.eu/environment/legal/platform_en.htm