The conference will bring together 80 participants from European regional and local authorities, civil society organisations, refugee-led organisations and refugee leaders, as well as national governments, international organisations and European institutions.
They will :
- Evaluate the 50,000 EU resettlement scheme and discuss future plans;
- Reflect on lessons learned from welcoming refugees to small-size cities and rural areas;
- Screen the Small Places, Great Hearts SHARE video series;
- Engage participants in thematic break-out groups to discuss promising practices;
- Explore innovative partnerships to local welcome, including community sponsorship;
- Offer an opportunity to advocate for safe and legal pathways and refugee inclusion