The European Committee of the Regions, in co-operation with European Movement Ireland and the Irish Regions European Office, organised an event
on the role of youth and democracy in Europe.
- Apostolos Tzitzikostas, President of the European Committee of the
- Thomas Byrne TD, Minister of State for European Affairs
- Diandra Ni Bhuachalla, United Nations Youth Delegate for Ireland
- Thomas Matthew, Board Member of European Youth Forum
Moderator: Noelle O Connell, CEO of European Movement Ireland.
Keynote Address: Thomas Byrne TD, Minister of State for European Affairs.
The event opened to a panel discussion
on topics relating to youth and
, such as:
- Youth participation in elections
- Social media
- Cross-border engagement
- Contribution to the process of co-creation of a European charter on youth and democracy
Participants were encouraged to engage with the panellists throughout the event and during the Q&A session at the end.
meeting took place
- in person at the Council Chamber, Dublin City
Hall, Dame Street, Dublin 2, D02 NP93
- on Thursday 16 June 2022
- from 11:00 to 12:30, local time