The 14th ENVE Commission meeting will take place fully in person on Thursday, 6 October 2022 from 11:30 to 17.30 at Palazzo Reale, Piazza Duomo 12, 20122 Milan, room "Conference Hall".
This meeting and Conference will be available on the Web streaming link (will be provided later)
The agenda foresees the adoption of the following opinion:
- EU Strategy for Sustainable and Circular Textiles, by Rapporteur Luca Menesini (IT/PES)
The agenda also foresees an exploratory debate and an exchange of views, respectively, on the following opinions:
Moreover, the ENVE commission will hold:
- A presentation of the CoR opinion on Delivering on the Sustainable Development Goals by 2030, by Rapporteur Ricardo Rio (PT/EPP)
- A debate on opportunities for cities and regions to step up environmental action and address biodiversity loss
The following day, Friday, 7 October 2022 from 9:30 to 12:30, ENVE Commission will hold a conference on "Local Green Deal: a blueprint for a future-proof recovery" at Palazzo Reale, Piazza Duomo 12, 20122 Milan, room "Conference Hall".
- Panel 1 – Implementing the Green Deal at local and regional level
Keynote speech: Nicola Pochettino, Director for Environment and Natural Resources Projects Directorate, EIB
- Panel 2 – The benefits of climate and environmental action
Keynote speech: Nadia Pellefigue, Vice-President of the Occitania region
- Roundtable – Implementing the Green Deal in times of crisis
Keynote speech: Clara De La Torre, Deputy Director General, DG CLIMA