The European Committee of the Regions (CoR) is preparing an Opinion on the Revision of the LULUCF and Effort Sharing Regulations.
The CoR Rapporteur is Ms
Åsa ÅGREN WIKSTRÖM, Member of Västerbotten County Council and Member of the of the CoR.
The Rapporteur will prepare a draft opinion that will be discussed and voted at the meeting of 10-11 of March 2022 of the
Commission for the Environment, Climate change and Energy (ENVE) of the CoR.
Final approval is planned for the CoR plenary session of 27-29 April 2022.
The opinion deals with two legislative proposals, presented as part of the
Fit for 55 Package, in the framework of the
European Green Deal.
More information on the proposals of the European Commission is available at the following links:
Please, register via
Draft Agenda :
- Short presentation of timeline and basic information from ENVE Secretariat
- Introduction and main focus for the meeting, by Rapporteur Åsa Ågren Wikström (SE/EPP), Member of Västerbotten County Council.
- Intervention from Ms. Eva Fridman, Expert supporting the Rapporteur
- Debate and comments on the presentations, the floor is open for 50 minutes
- Conclusions by Rapporteur Åsa Ågren Wikström