Your job and responsibilities
Do you want to contribute to the successful implementation of the mission statement of the European Committee of the Regions (CoR) by providing independent, objective assurance and advice to senior management through a systematic and disciplined approach aiming to evaluate and improve the effectiveness of governance, risk management and control systems?
As administrator, you will participate in various audit missions aimed at assessing if governance, risk management and control systems are effective and adequate to ensure that CoR achieves its objectives according to the existing rules. You will be involved in all stages of the procedure, from the planning phase to the preparation of the audit report. The audit and advice engagements cover the various processes implemented by CoR to achieve its objectives. It also includes the joint services (Directorates for Translation, Logistics and Innovation and Information Technology) which are shared with the European Economic Social Committee.
You will also be responsible for the follow-up of each audit in order to assess the implementation of the audit recommendations on the basis of an action plan agreed with the audited entity. You will, if necessary, support the audited entity in implementing its action plan.
Furthermore, you will be part in the continuing improvement of the audit methodology and the internal procedures to ensure the performance of the audit process.
Are you the talent we are looking for?
- You have an excellent ability to analyse complex situations and to draft related conclusions and recommendations;
- You have a university diploma ideally in economics, business administration, finance or law;
- You have very good judgement capacity combined with a critical and constructive mind;
- You are motivated, dynamic and well-organised person with a high standard of professional competence;
- You are able to remain objective in any circumstance;
- You have a very good knowledge of the EU ethics-values, the Financial regulation and/or the Staff regulations;
- You have sound experience in internal audit (preferably in an EU institution), risk management or internal control;
- You have strong inter-personal skills and possess diplomacy, discretion and tact;
- You have very good oral and written communication skills in English;
- You have a thorough knowledge of one of the official languages of the European Union and a satisfactory knowledge of another of the EU official languages. For functional reasons, a thorough knowledge of English is required and a good level of French is desirable;
- You have a very good command of IT applications and tools (Outlook, Teams, Excel, Word, ABAC, BO);
- Professional certification in internal auditing is a strong asset.