On 20 April 2023, CoR Member Robert Zeman is organising a first meeting in Zbytini for representatives of neighboring villages in the rural part of South Bohemia region.
This meeting of new elected mayors and representatives of villages aims to support a local dialog and identify of the common problems to solve.
This will also be the opportunity to raise awareness about the European committee of the regions and other EU institutions which suppor rural areas of EU regions: this will allow Czech municipalities to touch and feel EU cohesion benefits.
- welcome by Josef Furiš, Mayor of Zbytiny
- introduction to the European Committee of the Regions by Robert Zeman, alternate member of the Czech delegation
- information on inter-municipal and cross-border cooperation from the Liberec Region by Pawel Branda, Deputy Mayor of Rádlo and a member of the Czech delegation in the European Committee of the Regions
- presentation of implemented projects in DSO Horažďovicko by Václav Vachuška, union manager and former mayor of Slatina
- information on inter-municipal cooperation in the district of Freyung-Grafenau byRůžena Štemberková, expert on international cooperation of the University of South Bohemia
- presentation of the activities of MAS Šumavsko by Mrs. Hana Lukešová
- presentation of municipal management and working discussions on possibilities of inter-municipal cooperation