The members of the European Committee of the Regions met in the 121st plenary session.
Sixteen opinions were on the agenda of this plenary session.
On the first day, Hon. Ian Borg, MP - Parliamentary Secretary for the EU Funds and 2017 Presidency presented the priorities of the Maltese Presidency, and Mr Vazil Hudak, Vice-President of the EIB, intervened during the discussion of the opinion "Bridging the investment gap: how to tackle the challanges".
On Friday, Mr Philip Hogan, European Commissioner for Agriculture and Rural Development, shared its views with CoR members.
The list of opinions which were adopted during the February plenary session:
- Partnership Framework with third countries under the European Agenda on Migration, rapporteur Mr Peter Bossman (SI/PES)
- Reform of the Common European Asylum System – Package II and a Union Resettlement Framework, rapporteur Mr Vincenzo Bianco (IT/PES)
- A new European Consensus on Development, rapporteur Mr Jesús Gamallo Aller (ES/EPP)
- Bridging the Investment Gap: How to Tackle the Challenges, rapporteur Mr Markku Markkula (FI/EPP)
- Missing transport links in border regions, rapporteur Mr Michiel Scheffer (NL/ALDE)
- Regeneration of Port Cities and Port Areas, rapporteur Mr Stanisław Szwabski (PL/EA)
- Fiscal Capacity and Automatic Stabilizers in the European Monetary Union, rapporteur Mr Carl Frederik Graf (SE/EPP)
- Union policy for the Arctic, rapporteur Ms Pauliina Haijanen (FI/EPP)
- Towards an EU strategy for international cultural relations, rapporteur Mr Apostolos Tzitzikostas (GR/EPP)
- Review of the telecom package, rapporteur Mr Mart Võrklaev (EE/ALDE)
- Copyright in the digital single market, rapporteur Mr Mauro D'Attis (IT/EPP)
- Effective water management system: an approach to innovative solutions , rapporteur Mr Cees Loggen (NL/ALDE)
- Towards a new EU climate change adaptation strategy – taking an integrated approach, rapporteur Ms Sirpa Hertell (FI/EPP)
- Mid-term evaluation of the LIFE Programme, rapporteur Mr Witold Stępień (PL/EPP)
- The need for and way towards an EU strategy on alcohol - related issues, rapporteur Ms Ewa-May Karlsson (SE/ALDE)
- Supporting young European farmers, rapporteur Mr Arnold Hatch (UK/ECR)
The "Resolution on the 60th anniversary of the signature of the Rome Treaty" and the "Resolution on the Annual Growth Survey 2017" were also adopted by the plenary session