Detail of the vacancy notice
Directorate D, Communication
Press officer and campaign manager for Italian language
Unit D.1 – Press office, relations with media
Your job and responsibilities
Are you an experienced press officer, campaign manager and media relations expert? Are you fluent in both Italian and English?
As a press officer/campaign manager in our Unit, you will be responsible for:
- drafting press releases and other news items on the work of the Committee, its leadership and its members, in Italian and English with the focus on Italian members;
- managing the Cohesion, our fundamental value campaign and its sub-campaigns (Ukraine, automotive alliance, Cohesion Alliance etc);
- reporting/media relations on COTER commission/cohesion policy in general;
- managing the media partnership with ANSA, liaising with journalists on content, providing information and inspiration where necessary;
- being the main liaison for written press during European Week of Regions and Cities;
- developing media programme for journalists present in association with audiovisual team and wider coordination team.
Are you the talent we are looking for?
- You have a strong track record in press and/or journalism, as well as in institutional communication;
- You have a good knowledge of the CoR and of the cohesion policy. Knowledge of Italian regional politics and Italian media sector could be advantageous for this position;
- You have experience in leading a communication campaign, liaising with stakeholders within and outside the EU institutions (i.e. European Commission, regional associations, etc);
- You understand Italian media market and have good connections among written press;
- You have experience in managing a media partnership and understand how to balance the needs of the media with the needs of the institution;
- You are brim full of ideas for new angles and approaches and have a solid understanding of how to tell a story across multiple communication channels;
- You want to help promote the work of the more than one million local and regional politicians across the EU and of the Committee that represents them at the EU level;
- You are motivated, reliable and work well under pressure;
- You have excellent organisational skills, respect deadlines, can set priorities and are familiar with current political issues in the EU;
- You have a thorough knowledge of one of the official languages of the European Union and a satisfactory knowledge of another of these languages. For functional reasons, a thorough knowledge of Italian (mother tongue or equivalent level) and English are required (written and spoken, since it is the main communication language for the Committee); a satisfactory knowledge of another EU official language (in particular but not exclusively French, German, Portuguese, Dutch, to match the current needs of the service) would be considered an asset.