The European Committee of the Regions (CoR) is drafting an opinion on the "Just Transition Fund" (the European Commission's legislative proposals COM(2020) 22 and COM(2020) 23).
The rapporteur-general for the opinion, Mr
Vojko Obersnel (HR/Group of the Party of European Socialists), Mayor of the City of Rijeka, would be happy to meet with representatives of local and regional associations and other stakeholders for a consultation and an exchange of views on the relevant topic of this opinion.
After a short introduction, stakeholders will be invited to exchange views with the rapporteur-general on the following issues:
- eligibility of all Member States
- eligibility of territories at NUTS 3 level
- preparation of just transition plans as prerequisite of gaining access to financing,
- role and involvement of local and regional authorities within preparation of just transition plans
- insertion into the European Semester process
- financial resources available
- allocation method
- criteria of financing
- complementarity with Pillar 2 (InvestEU) and Pillar 3 (public sector loan facility with the EIB Group) of the Just Transition Mechanism
- State aid
- complementarity with support from the ERDF and ESF+, alignment of the JTF and other Structural Funds' thematic objectives
If you have any position papers relevant to the subject, you are welcome to send them to us by e-mail using the addresses below.
The meeting will be held in English.
You can now register to participate in this debate to shape the rapporteur's views. For practical reasons, you are kindly asked to
register your participation before 13:00 on 31 January 2020.
For more information, please contact our team: