Your job and responsibilities
Are you interested in the logistical organisation of CoR meetings? Do you have good communication and
As an assistant-secretary in the Central Meetings Service, you will provide support to the Coordination team in the
following tasks, under the supervision of its head of sector:
- Centralised management of meeting requests in and out of Brussels: interpretation requests, catering requests, room reservation
- Management of call for tenders related to the logistic and technical support to meetings
- Preparation of feasibility project for interpretation, including layout plans of sites
- Request and follow-up of compliance records of interpretation booths and conference systems.
- Logistical organisation of commission meetings out of Brussels. Among others, this includes the liaison with local hosts to identify the venue and check its conformity.
You will be appointed Operational Initiating Agent for the budgetary lines in the unit, and will receive all necessary
You will coordinate the team of meeting ushers (6 people), and will contribute to create a good team spirit and a
positive working environment, in such a way that team members stay motivated and continue to enhance their skills
and experience. You will prepare and manage the weekly programme of allocation of ushers, and will manage their
leave requests and absences in Sysper.
In case of peak weeks only, you may also be responsible for assisting in the logistical preparation and development
of meetings with the team of ushers.
You will be part of a dynamic and multidisciplinary team which has an active contribution to the organisation of the
political activity of the European Committee of the Regions (CoR).
Are you the talent we are looking for?
You have the ability to coordinate and motivate a team.
- You have very good communication skills, a sense of cooperation and the ability to work well in a team.
- You have a strong sense of responsibility, and the ability to prioritize tasks.
- You have a thorough knowledge of one of the official languages of the European Union and a satisfactory knowledge of another of the EU official languages. For functional reasons, a very good knowledge of English or French is required and a good knowledge of the other language is desirable.
- Knowledge of Agora and Adonis CoR apps is an asset.
- You have a good command of IT applications and tools (Outlook, Excel, Word, Sharepoint, etc.).