Detail of the vacancy notice
Directorate B, Legislative Work 1
Commission for Natural Resources (NAT)
Your job and responsibilities
Interested in European Union (EU) policies and role of regions and cities? Would you like to help your colleagues in making the voice of regional and local politicians heard at EU level?
As an assistant in the unit, you are responsible for:
- organising the NAT commission's statutory meetings, in close cooperation with the rest of the team and the central meeting service;
- supporting the commission work in the thematic planning, impact assessment, planning of events and other related activities;
- ensuring proper administrative follow-up of decisions taken during statutory meetings of the commission;
- assistance to unit staff for the preparation of mission requests and reimbursement requests;
- preparing requests for reimbursement of members on behalf of the chair at the request of the Head of Unit;
- ordering and management of office supplies, management of office space of the unit as well as all related needs (ergonomics etc.).
As an assistant of the Head of unit, you are responsible for:
- assisting the Head of Unit in organising the unit, ensuring the circulation of relevant information within the team, preparing unit meetings, ensuring the follow-up tasks, tracking deadlines and workflow, etc. You are able to act in full autonomy, in particular to ensure effective communication and coordination across the unit and the respect of deadlines in coordination with other units and directorates;
- assisting the Head of Unit in Human Resources (HR) related aspects in cooperation with the HR contact point of the directorate and the relevant services of the directorate for HR and finance; ensuring all logistical aspects related to staff working conditions (i.e. monitoring absences/holidays/training and missions using the relevant software;
- assisting the Head of Unit in establishing the unit's budgetary requirements and managing the sound use of annual budgetary resources allocated to the unit in such a way as to provide effective support for the directorate's policies and priorities;
- providing general administrative assistance to the Head of Unit (agenda, meetings, phone calls, qualitative checks and follow-up of documents) etc.
Are you the talent we are looking for?
- You have sound experience in team working and administrative assistance;
- You have strong communication and interpersonal skills;
- You have a thorough knowledge of one of the official languages of the EU and a satisfactory knowledge of another of the EU official languages. For functional reasons, a thorough knowledge of English is required and at least a good level of French is desirable;
- Previous experience in EU institutions is a strong asset;
- Previous working experience with tools such as SysPer, MiMa, Sharepoint, Adonis/Ares would be considered as an asset;
- You have a good command of IT applications and tools (Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint etc.).