Your job and responsibilities
Are you willing to support the work of the Conference of Presidents (CoP)? Are you interested in supporting strategic planning and foresight in the CoR?
As an administrator in our Unit, you will be responsible for:
- providing administrative support to the CoP meetings;
- preparations of in-house and external CoPs;
- coordinating the timely delivery of documents from all relevant CoR services relating to points on the agenda of the COP meetings;
- drafting analyses, reports, etc. for the CoP, Bureau and Plenary, within the remits of the team;
- contributing to the coordination and follow-up work of the CoP;
- coordinating the CoR's inter-institutional relations at a horizontal level, maintaining regular contact and cooperation with counterparts in other EU institutions;
- coordinating the development and implementation of the CoR's strategic planning cycle in close cooperation with the other Directorates, including through the joint management of the dedicated Task Force;
- coordinating the CoR's activities on Foresight, including relations with other institutions and input from foresight activities of LRAs;
- contributing to the development of projects led by Directorate A and coordinating the CoR Task Force on Strategic Planning;
- representing the Directorate and contributing to the work of the other Task Forces related to the Unit's competencies;
- participating in meetings of CoR statutory bodies and ensuring follow-up where necessary;
- providing advice, as appropriate, to the Deputy Director and the Director;
- acting as Operational Initiating Agent for procedures related to the above-mentioned activities;
- ensuring the work is carried out in compliance with applicable regulations and procedures;
- contributing to the communication on areas relating to the Unit's responsibilities and the Directorate, within the Units, the Directorates of the CoR and across the institution. When required, you will also represent the Directorate in relevant meetings;
- contributing to creating a good team spirit and a positive working environment, in such a way that team members stay motivated and continue to enhance their skills and experience.
Are you the talent we are looking for?
· You have a thorough knowledge of an official language of the European Union and satisfactory knowledge of a second official language of the EU. For functional reasons, a thorough knowledge of French or English is required. Knowledge of other EU languages would be an advantage;
· You have a relevant professional experience of at least 3 years related to the analysis of EU policies;
· You have a sound experience in the area of coordination of projects, and are flexible in handling a variety of dossiers;
· You have knowledge of the role of the CoR and the other institutions and of their decision-making processes;
· You have ability to draft clear and concise texts;
· You have capacity to work in team, good interpersonal skills and diplomacy. The ideal candidate should be service minded, have a good sense of initiative and responsibility, be reliable, resilient and willing to explore new ways of interacting with services;
· You have good knowledge and experience in the preparation, functioning and follow-up of CoR statutory bodies (asset);
· You have ability to work well under pressure and to meet deadlines;
· You have a very good capacity to synthesise and explain complex information, and an ability to proactively carry out projects;
· You have a sense of integrity and discretion.