As part of the Conference on the Future of Europe, the Łódź Region of Poland held an online debate entitled "Entrepreneurship to meet the challenges of a modern economy" on the 18th of June 2021, from 11:00 to 12:30.
Targeted at residents, entrepreneurs and local government officials, the debate addressed the modern Polish economy with the aim to help local governments in the development of new and better jobs.
During the debate, experts from local government and entrepreneurs presented their positions in areas important for the entrepreneurial development of the region, and answered questions from the audience.
The event was led by Mr. Grzegorz Schreiber, the Marshal of the Lodzkie Region and Member of the European Committee of the Regions. The panel of experts included:
- Ms. Dorota Lombardi - Director of the Department of Investor Acquisition and Service - Representative of the Łódź Special Economic Zone
- Dr. Longina Madej-Kiełbik - Chief Research Specialist in the Group of Polymers and Synthetic Fibres of the Łukasiewicz Research Network
- Mrs. Iwona Pluta - Deputy Head of the Paradyż Commune
- Mrs. Agata Tracz - Secretary of the Łowicz County
- Mr. Marcin Podgórski - Head of Regional Office of the Lodzkie Region in Brussels and in Chengdu
- Mr. Witold Małecki - Mayor of Tuszyn
A report of the event is available here