The European Committee of the Regions (CoR) and the European Commission (EC), under the Joint Technical Platform for Cooperation on the Environment, host the sixteenth meeting of the Technical Platform. The meeting will be dedicated to the following topic: "How can local and regional authorities use the circular economy as an enabler of a sustainable recovery?"
The Technical Platform is a forum set up by the CoR's Commission for Environment, Climate Change and Energy and DG ENV aimed at fostering dialogue on local and regional problems and solutions in the application of EU environment law. It was launched in 2012 with the following objectives:
- to allow dialogue on implementation issues of mutual interest and exchange of best practices at a technical level;
- to facilitate a cooperation between local and regional environmental administrations and DG ENV and the CoR's ENVE Commission;
- to overall contribute to improvements in environmental outcomes;
- to strengthen the cooperation between the CoR's ENVE Commission and DG ENV;
- to provide technical input to the work of the CoR's ENVE Commission, thereby reinforcing an evidence-based approach in its ongoing work in this field.
The event will take place as an online meeting: participants are invited to connect online via a link to the web conference platform Interactio they will receive few days prior to the event.
Summary of previous conferences and events are available at http://ec.europa.eu/environment/legal/platform_en.htm