NATURE OF THE DUTIES AND PROFILE
The qualified temporary agent will contribute to, under the authority of the Group's President and its Secretary-General, the communications activities of the PES Group, ensuring a strong presence and visibility of the PES Group and its members through relevant media, social media channels and communications tools. The position requires relevant experience, technical skills and competences in communications, to be carried out in alignment with the political priorities and objectives of the CoR and the PES Group.
The main duties of the communications assistant are to:
- assist in the implementation of the PES Group communications strategy;
- develop creative and targeted content and messages to promote the Group's positions and campaigns, including graphic and audio-visual content;
- assist in managing the PES Group website, social media platforms, newsletters and database;
- identify newsworthy media opportunities and develop strategies to promote the work of the PES Group in the CoR commissions and Plenary Sessions, and in relation to the European news cycle and PES network;
- provide support in the logistical, administrative and political organisation of events.
The selection procedure is open to candidates who meet the following conditions on the closing date for applications:
A. General conditions
Under article 12(2) (a) of the CEOS, each candidate must:
- be a national of a Member State of the European Union;
- have fulfilled any obligations concerning statutory military service;
- have produced the necessary character references for performance of the duties concerned (the successful candidate will be required to provide an extract from his/her police record or equivalent document before recruitment);
- be physically fit to perform the duties linked to the post (the successful candidate will be examined by the CoR Medical Officer before recruitment).
B. Specific conditions
Diplomas and professional experience:
have completed either (a) post-secondary education attested by a diploma or (b) secondary education attested by a diploma giving access to higher education, followed by at least three years' professional experience relevant to the nature of the duties. These three years of professional experience cannot be counted towards the professional experience required under the point below;
have a minimum of one-year professional experience as main field of activity in political or EU related communications. This experience must be gained either (a) since obtaining the qualification required under the point (a) above; or (b) since obtaining the qualification and professional experience required under the point (b) above.
Knowledge and experience:
- Excellent written and oral communication skills;
- Experience in managing social media platforms;
- Experience with website management, analytics, mailing tools;
- Experience in graphic design and video editing;
- Experience or knowledge of the organisation, activities and objectives of the PES European family and commitment to the PES Group's values.
In addition, the ideal candidate will have:
- a good knowledge of the EU institutions and how EU policies relate to local and regional authorities;
- photography and video production skills;
- a strong team-player attitude;
- good adaptability to a fast-paced environment;
- hands-on attitude;
- very good organisational skills and respect of deadlines;
- sense of responsibility and ability to work under pressure;
- experience working with local and regional authorities;
- experience working in a multicultural and multilingual environment.
A thorough knowledge of an official language of the European Union and at least a satisfactory knowledge of another official language of the Union is required. For functional reasons, a very good knowledge of English is required. Candidates having English as their mother tongue will be required to sit the written tests in French.
Very good technical/IT skills (Microsoft Office, Online events tools, etc.). Very good knowledge of social media (Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, LinkedIn) and social media analytics. Good knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite (Adobe Photoshop, Adobe InDesign, Adobe Premiere Pro) or equivalent. Familiarity with web management, mailing and marketing tools, and customer relationship management is a plus.