Detail of the vacancy notice
Directorate D, Communication
Head of Sector Web
Unit D.3 - Digital communication and IT strategy
Your job and responsibilities
- Are you a digital communication specialist and/or an early adopter eager to contribute to the digital transformation and modernization of the EU institutions environment?
- Are you an experienced IT project manager and/or an accomplished marketing strategist?
- Are you good at connecting the dots between external and internal communication, customer data management and analytics?
- Do you love management and are you ready to lead a team of experts through major transformation?
- Do you value working in a stimulating and friendly working environment, with space for initiative and innovation and a growth mindset approach?
If you have answered yes to most of these questions, then you will be interested in joining us as Head of Sector Web at the European Committee of the Regions (CoR).
As Head of Sector Web, your main responsibility will be to define the objectives and planning of the Sector, monitor implementation and deliverables and foster a healthy and motivating work environment under the direct leadership of the Head of Unit.
More concretely, you will:
1. Provide strategic recommendations in the field of digital communication:
- Provide strategic input to internal clients and stakeholders,
- Define the development and strategic use of the CoR website, intranet and CRM tool,
- Continuously improve the services managed by the Sector: management of the publication requests, mailings, newsletter and events websites,
- Manage priorities on a day-to-day basis in a highly dynamic political environment.
2. Manage a team and relationships with stakeholders:
- Define planning and define roles and responsibilities,
- Support team members in the accomplishment of their tasks,
- Communicate with various stakeholders in the Directorate for Communication - press officers, social media, visual content, audio-visual team - to design multi channels communication actions,
- Liaise with the IT services of the CoR and other EU institutions in order to analyse, model, experiment with and manage systems and digital applications,
- Communicate with external contractors for technical aspects regarding the platforms (hosting, development, releases, etc.),
- Monitor and manage the budget of the Sector and the related contracts.
Are you the talent we are looking for?
We are looking for a:
- Digital communication expert, with a broad range of experience in marketing, communication and/or IT project management;
- An experienced project manager, with strong organizational and communication skills, able to lead a team through major transformations;
- An excellent communicator who will communicate about a broad range of topics (digital com, web, development, data protection, accessibility, web streaming, etc.) and maintain good relationships with their team and other internal and inter-institutional stakeholders.
- Candidate who has a thorough knowledge of one official EU language and a satisfactory knowledge of a second language of the EU. For functional reasons, a good knowledge of English or French is required. Knowledge of other official EU languages would be an asset.