The Committee of the Regions is hosting a Multi-Level Dialogue in partnership with the European Commission, promoting exchange between the different levels of governance in the just transition journey. The European Union has to make the most out of the Just Transition Fund, and the participation of cities and regions is key to its success.
The topic of the discussion is "Transformational Ideas from EU's Cities and Regions". Local actors involved with the Just Transition in coal and energy-intensive regions will share their views and priorities, and representatives of the European Commission and managing authorities will give update on the state of play of the JTF programming.
Join us for an interesting debate and live discussion via chat with the panellists!
Agenda (All times are in CET)
10:00 – 10:05 Welcome and introduction
- Nathalie SARRABEZOLLES (FR/PES), CoR COTER chairwoman
10:05- 11:15 1st Roundtable Discussion: Just Transition and crisis recovery – JTF programming in the context of implementing the National Recovery Plans
- Normunds POPENS, Deputy Director General DG REGIO, European Commission
- Martina MICHELS, Member of European Parliament (GUE/NGL-Germany)
- Dimitrij PUR, Adviser, Slovenian Presidency of the Council of the EU
- Jan KŘÍŽ, Deputy Minister for the Environment, Czech Republic
- Jakub CHELSTOWSKI(PL/ECR), Regional President of Silesia, Poland
11:15 – 12:20 2nd Roundtable discussion: Local engagement in Just Transition
- Thomas SCHMIDT (DE/EPP), Minister for Regional Development, Free State of Saxony, Germany
- Dagmar SCHMIDT, Chair, Lausitzer Perspektiven e.V, Germany
- Karel TICHÝ, Project Manager, Economic and Social Council of the Ústí Region, Czech Republic
- Robert MACIASZEK, Mayor of Chrzanów, Poland
- Stefan KRASTEV, Deputy Mayor of Pernik, Bulgaria
- Vesna BALTINA, Deputy-Mayor of Burgas, Bulgaria
12:20-12:30 Conclusions and future outlook
- Bernd LANGE (DE/EPP), Goerlitz, Germany: CoR rapporteur on "Equivalent standards of living as a joint challenge for all levels of government in Europe"
The Summary of the COR Multi-Level Dialogue (15.11.2021) is available here
You can watch again here the event with interpretation in EN-DE-PL-ES-CS: