"Pomorskie in the European Union" Association is organising a conference on the 23rd of March in order to mark the European Year of Youth 2022 and engage young people from the Pomorskie region in the current discussion on the future of Europe.
The event will be a chance to exchange views about the current challenges facing our European common values and posing a threat to democracies, such as disinformation. At the same time, it will present the opportunities for young people to get involved in the process of shaping the future of the EU and will encourage their active participation through volunteering and political engagement.
The debate is open to public and will be held in Polish. We invite regional and local authorities, as well as civil society and other organisations to join the discussion. If you wish to attend, please register by 22 March to receive the Zoom link.
The panellists include:
- Mieczyslaw Struk – Marshal of the Pomorskie Region, Member of the European Committee of the Regions
- Aleksandra Dulkiewicz – Mayor of Gdansk, Member of the European Committee of the Regions
- Malgorzata Kozlowska – Programme Manager - Youth Policy and Programmes, European Commission
- Szymon Knitter – Regional Volunteer Centre in Gdansk
- Kamila Blaszczyk – Councillor at the Gdansk City Council, Young Elected Politician at the European Committee of the Regions
- Martyna Blidziukiewciz, Phd – Head of the European External Action Service East StratCom, Disinformation Task Force