As part of the Conference on the Future of Europe, the European Movement Vaucluse and the surrounding area is organising an event in Avignon about European culture.
The theme of the event, “Europe of Culture, Europe of Cultures", provides an opportunity to discuss the field of European cultural policies, develop a more comprehensive reflection on what culture is, and how different cultures can be articulated in a common political entity.
The event will address various questions such as: Is there a European culture? What is the future for culture in a post-COVID world? How can culture contribute in times of crisis? How can local and European culture be articulated? What role should the EU institutions play in shaping a European cultural policy? What cultural policies are needed for tomorrow's Europe?
Several personalities from the cultural and political worlds will participate in the event, including:
- Olivier Py, Director of the Avignon Festival
- Nora Mébarek, MEP
- Karine Gloanec Maurin, Regional Councillor, Centre val de Loire and Member of the European Committee of the Regions
- Christophe Rouillon, Mayor of Coulaine and Member of the European Committee of the Regions
- Emmanuelle Thalmann, Cultural Ombudsman of the Opéra d'Avignon
Two interactive workshops (round tables) will reflect on and discuss specific topics:
- Let's exchange cultures!
- Which cultural policies are needed in European territories?
The conference will also be live-streamed via Zoom. To follow it, please register by email: email@example.com