Your job and responsibilities:
Interested in a position where you will use your language skills daily? Like to work in a Directorate at the service of two separate European Union (EU) institutions, and thus a possibility to familiarise yourself with different EU projects and policies?
As an assistant in the unit, you are responsible for assisting translators with the preparation and production of translations into Romanian, using translation tools and in-house IT applications as well as for coordinating workflow under the guidance of the head of unit or the language coordinator.
You are also responsible for preparing texts to be outsourced to another EU institution or a contractor and giving a final check to the translated texts before publishing them as part of the overall quality control process; you provide proofreading or other linguistic support in Romanian.
You take part in the cooperation networks or other horizontal tasks (webmaster's tasks, assistance to the Head of Unit, library and office supply orders, etc.) as well as ensure the business continuity on a daily basis and perform an evening stand-by a few times per year (rotating tasks).
You are part of a dynamic directorate with a wide range of internal and interinstitutional training courses, language classes, as well as formal and informal contacts with colleagues in other units through cross-service activities such as the Translation AST-Network.
Are you the talent we are looking for?
- You have a thorough knowledge of Romanian (written and oral) and a satisfactory knowledge of another official language of the EU; for functional reasons, a good knowledge of English or French is necessary and the knowledge of another official EU language would be an asset;
- You have a good command of IT applications and tools (Outlook, Excel, Word, Sharepoint, etc.) and the ability to learn other specific applications;
- You have the ability to work as part of a team (but also independently when required) and to fit in with an international working environment;
- You have a strong sense of responsibility and the ability to work well under pressure;
- You have very good communication and interpersonal skills.