The European Commission and the European Committee of the Regions (CoR) are pleased to invite you to their online event 'Green and digital transition. The role of Regions and Cities'.
This is the second appointment co-organised by the European Commission and the CoR in close cooperation with the European Association of Regional & Local Authorities for lifelong learning (EARLALL), the German delegation at the CoR and the Basque Government.
The event will focus on the role of regions and cities in ensuring apprenticeships are up to speed with the green and digital transition. It will be the opportunity to explore how regional and local authorities are supporting apprenticeships in providing those green and digital skills that will be more and more required in the coming years.
The event will be chaired by Norbert Schöbel, Team leader at DG Employment, Social Affairs and Inclusion, and moderated by the expert Sandra Parthie of the German Economic Institute. The following guests will also intervene during the discussion:
Green transition panel
- Ms Anne Karjalainen, Chair of the SEDEC Commission, Member of Kerava Municipal Council, CoR Rapporteur on ''A Strong Social Europe for Just Transitions''
- Mr Francesco Pisanu, Head of the Office for the Evaluation of Educational Policies, Department of Education and Culture, Autonomous Province of Trento
- Mr Rikardo Lamadrid, Director of Technology and Advanced Learning, Basque Government Regional Education Minister
- Ms Mari Jose Barriola, Head of Unit Biosciences and Sustainability, TKNIKA- Basque VET Applied Research Center, Basque Government
Digital transition panel
- Mr Emil Boc, Member of the CoR, Mayor of Cluj-Napoca, CoR Rapporteur on ''Achieving the European Education Area by 2025''
- Mr Ralph Burghart, Mayor for Education, Youth, Social Affairs, Culture and Sport in the City of Chemnitz
- Ms Päivi Korhonen, Director of Communication and Marketing at OMNIA, The Joint Authority of Education in the Espoo Region, Finland
The discussion will take place on Tuesday 26th January, from 10:30 until 12:30 CET.
To participate, please register here. You will receive further information on how to join before the event.