In celebration of its 25th anniversary, the European Committee of the Regions invites you to showcase your photographic skills and to "capture" Europe in your regions by participating in the "Capturing [Y]our Europe" photography competition, organized by the trainees of the Committee with the support of its Members.
Are you interested in sharing the Europe experience from your region?
Then, grab your camera, get out there and join this extraordinary competition by Capturing [Y]our Europe!
Whether it is a community center built with EU funding or the best friendship made through an Erasmus exchange programme, you shall creatively depict the impact of the EU in your region and your personal life.
What do you need to do?
Answer the question "How do you feel the presence of the EU where you live?" in two pictures.
- The first photograph will represent the EU's impact in your region.
- The second will represent your hope for the future or what/how the EU could do better.
Dare to create and inspire. Your pictures may offer you the opportunity to join us here in Brussels during the "Capturing [Y]our Europe Photo Exhibition", which will take place in Brussels from 26 to 28 June.
You may also be able to attend the 2019 June Plenary Session of the European Committee of the Regions and take part in many interesting debates on the future of the European Union.
Conditions for applicants:
- Be aged between 18 and 30 years old
- Provide a title for each of the two photographs and a single brief description of both (150 words maximum) in your mother tongue ( We encourage you to send us a self-translation in English)
- Send us your pictures not later than May 31th 2019 at 4.00 p.m. (Brussels time) at : YFactor.Contest@cor.europa.eu
- Picture resolution: minimum of 2400 pixels x 1700 pixels, 4MP
- The sum of both pictures cannot exceed 20 Mb.
You could win:
A fully paid trip to exhibit your photographs in "Capturing [Y]our Europe Exhibition" in Brussels, among other exciting prizes!
You can follow [Y]Factor on: