The 13th meeting of the CIVEX Commission, and conference on
The impact of managing migration and integration on local and regional authorities (LRAs), especially in border regions, and the need to enhance support to LRAs by the EU institutions will be hosted by Municipality of Alimos, Greece, at Divani Apollon Palace, 10 Agiou Nikolaou Street, 166 71 Vouliagmeni, Greece, on Thursday 23 June and Friday 24 June 2022,at the invitation of the mayor of Alimos, Mr Andreas Kondylis (EL/Renew Europe).
Agenda including the practical information can be found on the Members' Portal.
A dedicated webpage has been set up for the meeting by the municipality of Alimos and
can be visited here.
The meeting will be held only in physical mode.
Meeting on 23 June 2022
Opinions – Adoptions:
Revised Schengen Area Governance- Rapporteur: Antje Grotheer (DE/PES)
A more inclusive and protective Europe: extending the list of EU crimes to hate speech and hate crime– Rapporteur: Aleksandra Dulkiewicz (PL/EPP)
The CoR's role in boosting subnational climate diplomacy ahead of COP27 and COP28- Rapporteur: Olgierd Geblewicz (PL/EPP)
Thematic debate on
Beyond the Conference on the Future of Europe. A territorial perspective.
Conference on 24 June 2022
The impact of managing migration and integration on local and regional authorities (LRAs), especially in border regions, and the need to enhance support to LRAs by the EU institutions
- Opening session. Reforming the EU migration policy – 2022 solidarity shift
- Andreas Kondylis (EL/Renew Europe), Mayor of Alimos
- Apostolos Tzitzikostas (EL/EPP), Governor of Central Macedonian Region and President of the CoR
- Mark Speich (DE/EPP), Secretary of State for Federal, European and International Affairs (North Rhine-Westphalia) and Chair of the CoR Commission for Citizenship, Governance, Institutional and External Affairs (CIVEX)
- Margaritis Schinas, Vice-president of the European Commission (via video-message)
- Sofia Voultepsi, Deputy Minister for Migration and Asylum, Greece
- Panagiotis Theodorikakos, Minister of Citizens’ Protection, Greece
- Session 1. Multilevel governance as a solution to holistic migration and integration-friendly policies
Moderator: Ana Feder, Regional Portfolio Manager, International Centre for Migration Policy Development (ICMPD)
- Antje Grotheer (DE/PES), Vice-President of Bremen State Parliament, CoR rapporteur on the New Pact on Migration and Asylum and the Revised Schengen Area Governance
- Ángel Víctor Torres Pérez (ES/PES), President of the Government of the Canary Islands, CoR member (via videomessage)
- Claire Charbit, Head of the Regional Attractiveness and Migrant Integration Unit, OECD
- Session 2. Solidarity with cities and regions welcoming refugees – How to best support inclusive communities
Claire Charbit, Head of the Regional Attractiveness and Migrant Integration Unit, OECD
- Aikaterini Dimitrakopoulou, Head of Sector, Legal Pathways and Integration Unit, Directorate-General for Migration and Home Affairs, European Commission
- Damian Boeselager (DE/Greens/European Free Alliance), member of the European Parliament (via video-message)
- François Decoster (FR/Renew Europe), Vice-President of the Hauts-de-France region for culture, heritage, regional languages and international relations, mayor of Saint-Omer, President of the Renew Group at the CoR
- Anita Orav, expert on asylum policies and integration, European Parliamentary Research Service (EPRS)
- Ana Feder, Regional Portfolio Manager, International Centre for Migration Policy Development (ICMPD)
Streaming Day 1
Streaming Day 2