The European Committee of the Regions (CoR) in partnership with the Organisation for Economic Co‑operation and Development (OECD) launched a survey on local and regional key contributions to the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). Share your experience until the 22 February and contribute to the future EU strategy on SDGs.
Since the adoption in 2015 of the United Nations' 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development and of the 17 SDGs, the 193 signatory countries are expected to report regularly on the implementation of this universal agenda, which covers all policies and requires the involvement of all stakeholders. Regional and local authorities are essential partners in this implementation process, not only because a large majority of SDGs (65 % according to the OECD) directly involve/affect them, but also because many of them have already successfully engaged in localising SDGs.
With feedback from local and regional authorities on their work on SDGs, the European Committee of the Regions wants to showcase how cities and regions have implemented, or currently are implementing SDGs. This information will be used to influence future EU strategy on SDGs, to better advocate for a territorial approach in European and national policy-making processes and to boost actions of implementation. Your views on what the EU should do on SDGs and which priorities the EU should act on will also feed in the CoR opinion on a Sustainable Europe by 2030 to be elaborated during the course of 2019.
The survey will also contribute to the broader OECD Programme on A Territorial Approach to SDGs: A role for cities and regions to leave no one behind, which seeks to support cities and regions in fostering a territorial approach to the SDGs through:
- measuring where they stand vis-à-vis the national average and their peers;
- engaging a multi-level dialogue with their lower and upper levels of government to build consensus on who can do what; and
- sharing best practice and lessons from international experience
Start the survey!
- The survey is available in all EU languages; to select your preferred language, click on the drop‑down menu on the right of the screen
- The survey will be open until Friday 22 February midnight
- All responses will be kept confidential
- For more information, please contact email@example.com
The CoR would like to thank the Network of Regional Governments for Sustainable Development (nrg4sd) for their collaboration.