The United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) and the Catalan Agency for Development Cooperation (ACCD) will also hold a workshop on "localization" of Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) during the European Week of Regions and Cities.
Please register here by 28 September! The event code is 9WS70URB.
This workshop will focus on the key role of regions to implement SDGs with a special focus on the institutional frameworks, concrete mechanisms and public policies that can support the achievement of the 2030 Agenda form a regional perspective. The session will build on the preliminary results of the study promoted by UNDP and ACCD on the role of regional governments in localizing the SDGs.
The event will also showcase examples from across the world.
Programme of the event
- Johannes Krassnitzer, International Coordinator of the ART Initiative, United Nations Development Programme (UNDP)
Key Note Speaker:
- Franco Iacop, Member of the Regional Council of Friuli Venezia Giulia and Member of the Committee of the Regions
- Javier Sánchez Cano, Responsible of Planning, Implementation and Evaluation, Directorate General for Development Cooperation of Catalonia, Spain
- Carles Llorens, Secretary-General of the United Regions Organization (ORU-Fogar)
- Alcidia Alfama, National Planning, Ministry of Finances and SDGs National Focal Point of the Government of Cabo Verde
- Francisco Granados/Andrea Norferini, IBEI - Institut Barcelona D'estudis Internacionals
The Square Conference Centre is located in Rue Mont des Arts, 1000 Brussel