Detail of the vacancy notice
Directorate E, Human Resources and Finance
Financial management unit
Your job and responsibilities:
Do you like financial management, diversity of tasks and versatility? Do you want to play an important and a recognized role in an organization on a human scale?
As a financial initiating agent you will perform the tasks and controls relating to the financial initiation of operations. In particular, you will be responsible for:
- Establishing effective collaboration with sub-delegated authorizing officers and with operational colleagues in operational services;
- Analyzing the justification of the requests and the completeness of the information provided by the operational services;
- Preparing all type of financial transactions (such as commitments, payments, recovery orders and transfers);
- Initiating and validating operations in ABAC;
- Ensuring the legality and regularity of operations, compliance with the principle of sound financial management, in respect of the Financial Regulations and other applicable financial rules.
Following a global review of financial management at the European Committee of the Regions (CoR), you will join a new centralized team of financial agents whose members will be responsible for handling all financial transactions for the entire institution.
With this centralization, the CoR pursues, among others, an objective of professionalization of the function of financial agent. Its members will be experienced, versatile and called to deal with all types of files, and will be able to improve their knowledge continuously through the exchange of experiences and specific training. The transition from decentralized financial management towards a centralized model is a new challenge for all team members.
Are you the talent we are looking for?
- You have solid experience in financial management and a good knowledge of the financial regulations applicable within the European Institutions (Financial Regulations, public procurement rules, etc.);
- You preferably have an economic, accounting or legal education;
- You have excellent analytical and synthesis skills (ability to distinguish the essential from the accessory and to identify areas of risk), organizational skills, as well as an eye for figures and details;
- You are a rigorous person, with a keen sense of responsibility knowing how to work independently but with a team spirit, endowed with a sense of interpersonal relationships and diplomacy as well as integrity and discretion;
- You have a thorough knowledge of one of the official languages of the European Union and a satisfactory knowledge of another of these languages. For functional reasons, a thorough knowledge of English and/or French is required; at least satisfactory knowledge of the other of these two languages is an asset;
- You have a good command of IT applications and tools (such as Outlook, Excel, Word, Business Objects and SharePoint) as well as the ABAC financial management system.