Detail of the vacancy notice
Directorate E, Human Resources and Finance
Recruitment and career unit
Your job and responsibilities
Are you a professional specialised in human resources management and ready to join a polyvalent dynamic team in the European Committee of the Regions (CoR) to pursue your career in this highly rewarding yet challenging business area? Do you know how to interpret the Staff Regulations? Running selection procedures and preparing recruitment files have no secrets for you? This might then be the right career opportunity for you.
As an assistant in the Recruitment sector, you would be part of a small team of 7 assistants reporting to a head of sector, in charge of selection and recruitment procedures for all staff categories. More specifically, you would ensure:
- Holistic management of recruitment files of officials: drawing-up/verification/publication of vacancy notices, reception of applications, drawing-up of minutes, organisation of selection interviews, drawing-up and dispatch of invitations to interviews/offers/refusals, drawing-up of decisions, organisation of medical visits, reimbursement of accommodation and travelling expenses, classification of candidates in the correct grade/step, management of probationary reports etc.;
- Management of the procedure for secondment of national experts to the CoR: contacts with potential candidates, verification of the eligibility of candidates as regards the relevant provisions, management of correspondence with the permanent representations, drawing-up of secondment decisions;
- Management of the procedure for interim agents: responding to urgent requests from CoR services; liaising with the interim agency; ensuring administrative follow-up of all aspects of the procedure; handling the timely payments to the interim agency and following-up the related budget with the Authorising Officer by Subdelegation; participating in public procurement procedures related to interim agencies;
- Incorporation and checking of regulatory data in the ad-hoc IT systems;
- Interpretation and implementation of the Staff Regulations concerning the terms of reference of the Recruitment sector;
- Other administrative support tasks in the field of recruitment (classification, archiving of files, drafting and implementation of administrative procedures, ex-post verifications etc.).
Are you the talent we are looking for?
Given the specificities of this job position and the required knowledge and working experience in the relevant field acquired in the European institutions, consider applying only if you meet the specific requirements relevant for the position.
General competencies required:
- You have excellent organisational skills, combine the capacity to work efficiently while keeping an eye for detail in order to respect deadlines and the required qualitative standards;
- You have the ability to think critically and take initiative, you have a sense of responsibility and you adapt easily to quickly changing priorities, even when working under pressure;
- You have very good verbal and written communication skills, political awareness and diplomacy;
- You have a customer-oriented mind set, including availability, flexibility and discretion;
Specific competencies required:
- You possess a very good knowledge of the provisions of the Staff regulations regarding staff selection and recruitment;
- You have a previous working experience of at least 2 years in human resources management, acquired ideally in the European institutions, in order to be operational quickly and meet the current service needs;
- You have a strong command of IT applications and tools (Outlook, Excel, Word, SharePoint, Teams, etc.) and you have experience in managing team sites in SharePoint or the ability to quickly acquire this knowledge;
- You have a thorough knowledge of one official language of the EU and at least satisfactory knowledge of another official language of the EU: for functional reasons, a good command of English and French is required. Knowledge of any other EU languages would be an asset.
Additional competencies/knowledge (assets):
- Knowledge of the functioning of the EU institutions and the political structure and organisation of the CoR would be an asset;
- Previous experience with Adonis, SysPer and the ABAC financial management system would be an asset.