Detail of the vacancy notice
Directorate A, Members and Plenaries
Head of the coordination team in the Central meeting sector (team leader)
Bureau, Plenary and Central Meeting Service Unit
Your job and responsibilities
Are you interested in managing the logistical and technical organisation of the European Committee of the Regions' (CoR) meetings? Do you have excellent organisation and communication skills and some experience in managing people?
As the team leader in charge of the coordination team of the Central Meetings Service (CSM) sector, you will manage a team of 4 staff members responsible for coordinating the logistical and technical support to meetings, both in and out of CoR premises.
You will be part of a multidisciplinary unit that has an active contribution to the organisation of the political activity of the CoR.
- You will be responsible for the operational management of 5 different budget lines, including checking conformity of invoices for interpreting services via the European Commission and European Parliament websites;
- You will manage and coordinate calls for tender by the meetings service: choice of procurement procedures, drafting of technical specifications for conference and audiovisual installations, order forms, preparation of payment files, etc.;
- You will ensure an appropriate follow-up at inter-institutional level of framework contracts and of conformity checks on deliveries;
- You will manage meeting/conference room booking requests in the 6 buildings of the CoR through the Agora tool;
- You will manage the catering requests for conferences, prepare feasibility projects for interpretation, including layout plans of conference rooms;
- You will contribute to the planning and reporting activity of Directorate A.
Besides, you will be appointed as Operational Initiating Agent for the budgetary lines managed by the unit and will receive all necessary training.
Are you the talent we are looking for?
- You have a thorough knowledge of the Financial Regulation of the European Union (EU) and of procurement procedures;
- You have very good communication and interpersonal skills, as well as strong coordination skills;
- You are proactive, possess a strong sense of responsibility and the ability to work in a team;
- You have a thorough knowledge of one of the official languages of the EU and a satisfactory knowledge of another of the EU official languages. For functional reasons, a very good knowledge of English or French is required; a satisfactory knowledge of the other of these two languages would be desirable;
- You have a good knowledge of the mission of the CoR and its organisation;
- A relevant working experience in people management and demonstrated ability to develop and motivate a team is an asset;
- You have a good command of IT applications and tools (Outlook, Excel, Word, Sharepoint, etc.).