The official will join the ECON Commission as secretary/clerk providing administrative and organisational support to the work of the administrators. Generally, the official will:
- support the work of the RegHub team by providing administrative and logistical organisation for activities and events, in coordination with other departments, units, directorates and external stakeholders. This includes drafting and processing correspondence, planning ahead and keeping track of deadlines, maintaining contact lists, and responding to a variety of tasks as requested by the team members;
- support the RegHub team and the unit's webmaster with communication and social media activities, such as editing the RegHub internet pages, creating questionnaires for RegHub consultations, carrying out mailings, and coordinating visual material and publications with the relevant units;
- act as contact point between external and internal stakeholders for the RegHub team; manage the electronic filing system for the RegHub team as well as its functional mailbox;
- provide general administrative support to the legislative work of the ECON Commission by working closely with administrators in charge of CoR opinions, coordinating the preparation and follow up of official documents and correspondence, managing translation requests, processing amendments, and keeping track of deadlines;
- provide support in the organisation of events, and with communication and social media activities;
- act as backup, whenever necessary, to the other assistants of the unit and carry out tasks as assigned by the Head of Unit.
Qualifications and skills required:
- Professional experience relevant to the duties is desirable;
- Good verbal and written skills, in particular to communicate with politicians and high-level stakeholders;
- Ability to prioritise when working under pressure;
- Proven ability to organise work efficiently, to keep track of various tasks and to follow through;
- Reliable, proactive and able to work as part of a team;
- Openness and willingness to learn and to cooperate with colleagues inside and outside the unit;
- Knowledge of the functioning of the European Union institutions would be an asset;
- Thorough knowledge of one official language of the European Union (EU) and at least satisfactory knowledge of another official language of the EU. For functional reasons, a very good command of written and spoken English is required and a good knowledge of French and/or German would be an advantage. Knowledge of other EU languages would be an asset.