Detail of the vacancy notice
Directorate B, Legislative Work 1
- Organising meetings, seminars, conferences and other activities in Brussels and elsewhere.
- Supporting communication activities, through good knowledge and use of the main dissemination channels, such as the internet and written publications.
- Communicating with members, other CoR departments, officials in other institutions, the network of experts and local and regional officials.
- Preparing documents for meetings, working groups, including submitting and following up translation requests, drafting memos and letters, saving and processing documents in the relevant IT tools.
- Internet-based research.
- Logistical organisation of seminars, conferences and other activities.
- Logistical support to the work of the CIVEX Commission.
- Processing/revision of documents.
- Processing of amendments at commission and plenary meetings.
- Assisting in the coordination of follow-up of the requests addressed to the Commission secretariat.
- Preparing correspondence and other administrative documents relating to the activities of the Commission.
- Ensuring operational coordination of activities of the Commission secretariat with other CoR services as well as with CoR Members and other institutions and external partners.
Qualifications and skills required:
- Very good knowledge of current IT applications (Microsoft Office XP: Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook) and of how to use the internet.
- Sense of initiative and good organisational skills, combined with a taste for working independently when carrying out instructions.
- Ability to work as part of a team and to communicate effectively.
- Thorough knowledge of one official language of the European Union (EU) and a satisfactory knowledge of another official EU language. For functional reasons, thorough knowledge of English or French and at least a working knowledge of the other of these two languages is required.
- Openness and willingness to learn and to cooperate with colleagues inside and outside the unit.
- Flexibility, service oriented attitude and intellectual curiosity.
- Knowledge of the online tool for tabling amendments (AGORA) would be an important asset.