The official's main tasks will include:
• As the Sector's principal financial manager, the colleague will be in charge of monitoring budgetary, financial and contract planning and management for the L&D Sector (budgetary commitments, payments, market consultation, order forms, reporting assistance, etc.) using the dedicated IT program (ABAC);
• Initiate financial files for validation of budgetary and legal commitments, and payments, in compliance with the Financial Regulation and all other applicable rules and procedures, in order to ensure the legality and regularity of operations;
• Prepare calls for tender, including analysis of the financial aspects of tender documents in the context of public procurement procedures.
b) Organisation of training activities:
• Assist in the design, development, adaptation, organisation and evaluation of training content and courses;
• Day-to-day management of training activities, including welcoming participants and trainers and supervising logistical aspects;
• Maintain contacts with internal and external training organisers;
• Monitor and update the training management system (EU-Learn).
c) Evaluation and follow up of L&D activities:
• Prepare, collect and analyse feedback and statistics on training activities;
• Assist in aligning training offer to learning and development needs of the institution;
• Develop and maintain good contacts with counterparts in other institutions.
Qualifications and skills required:
• Solid experience in budgetary, financial and contract management, including the use of ABAC;
• Knowledge of the provisions of the Financial Regulation;
• Strong organisation and coordination skills;
• Thorough knowledge of an official language of the European Union (EU) and satisfactory knowledge of another official EU language. For practical reasons, a high level of English is required and a good knowledge of French is desirable;
• Good command of IT applications and tools (Outlook, Excel, Word, SharePoint, etc.);
• Previous experience in human resources, and particularly in the L&D field, constitutes a strong asset.
• Precision and attention to detail are essential in order to ensure a good financial management;
• Good at prioritising and organising, even under pressure;
• A flexible approach, willing to adapt and take on extra work or lend a helping hand to others when needed, is a priority within our team;
• A sense of tact and confidentiality;
• Service-minded, showing a good team spirit;
• Good oral and written communication skills;
• Ability to work autonomously;
• Strong sense of initiative.